A selection of public and specialist private clinics are listed below.
To conduct your own search, refer to the Speech Pathology Australia find a speech pathologist page.
- Stuttering Clinic, The University of Melbourne
A clinic for children, adults and adolescents who have a suspected stutter or history of stuttering.
- Communication Clinic, La Trobe University
A clinic for adults and children who stutter.
- Brenda Carey Stuttering Treatment Centre
A private clinic for adults and children who stutter. This clinic is a telehealth provider.
- Box Hill Speech Pathology Clinic
A private clinic treating adults and children who stutter.
New South Wales
- Australian Stuttering Research Centre, University of Technology Sydney
A clinic for those who stutter. This clinic is a telehealth provider.
- Stuttering Clinic, The University of Newcastle
A clinic for children and adults who stutter.
- Bankstown Stuttering Unit
The stuttering Unit is part of South Western Sydney Local Health District, and provides services to people of all ages who stutter.
- The Stuttering Clinic
A private clinic treating children and adults who stutter. This clinic is a telehealth provider.
- Top End Speech Pathology
A private clinic treating children and adults who stutter.
- Early Start Australia
A private clinic treating children who stutter.
- Stuttering Clinic, Curtin University
A clinic for people of all ages who stutter.
- Speech Pathology Services, Griffith University
A clinic for children and adolescents. This clinic is open to the public and no referrals are required.
- Speech Pathology Clinic, The University of Queensland
A clinic for adults and children who stutter.
- Fluency Disorders Clinic, Flinders University
Services or children and adults with fluency disorder. Based at Flinders Medical Centre and the Women's and Children's Hospital.
- Swift Speech and Stuttering
Private stuttering clinic
- Speech Pathology Clinic, Launceston General Hospital
A service for children aged 0-4 years
- International Stuttering Association
The ISA is a global network of people who stutter. Click here for a comprehensive list of international stuttering associations, several of which are also listed below.
- The International Fluency Association
The International Fluency Association is a not-for-profit organisation devoted to understanding fluency disorders. They provide supports for people who stutter, health care professionals and researchers.
- The Lidcombe Program Trainers Consortium
The Lidcombe Program website has information for families, speech pathologists and other health professionals.
Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Speak Easy Association
The oldest Australian organisation supporting people who stutter. The ASEA run an annual conference.
- Speech Pathology Australia
The professional association for Australian speech pathologists. You can search for a speech pathologist here. They also have a number of published fact sheets, including one about stuttering.
- Australian Stuttering Research Centre
A research centre that provides clinical services to people who stutter and training for speech pathologists.
- Stuttering Association for the Young Australia
A not-for-profit organisation supporting young people who stutter, launching late 2019!
- New Zealand Stuttering Treatment and Research Trust
An organisation that provides specialist treatment and support for people of all ages who stutter.
- Stuttering Association for the Young: Australia (SAY: Australia)
A not-for-profit organisation that empowers, educates and supports young people who stutter and the world that surrounds them.
- Royal College of Speech Language Therapists
The professional association for speech-language therapists in the UK.
- British Stammering Association
An organisation supporting people who stutter.
- Irish Stammering Association
- Swedish Stuttering Association, Stamningsförbundet
- Netherlands Stuttering Association
- French Stuttering Association
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association
The professional association for American speech-language pathologists. They provide numerous resources for families, clinicians and academics.
- National Stuttering Association
An association providing support, friendship and information to the stuttering community in the USA.
- Friends who stutter
An American association dedicated to empowering people who stutter. They provide supports to young people who stutter, families and health care professionals.
- Montreal Fluency Centre
A non-profit agency providing support for children with communication differences, including stuttering.
- The Stuttering Foundation
An American non-profit organisation helping those who stutter.
- Stuttering Association for the Young
A USA based not-for-profit organisation that empowers, educates and supports young people who stutter and the world that surrounds them.
- American Institute of Stammering
A not-for-profit centre providing affordable therapy to people of all ages who stutter.
- How I overcame my fear of stuttering: LeRon Barton
- The thing is, I stutter: Megan Washington
- Mastering the struggle of stuttering: Broca Brothers
- Why you should embrace your stutter: Juan V Lopez
- Life with a stammer: Walter Scott
- The power of a stutter: Sharon Steed